Having moved into Phase 4 on Long Island the following changes can be made regarding our church re-opening:
- We are permitted 50% capacity in church, so every other pew will be open. Within the pew we ask that you maintain the 6 foot social distance between non-family members. Please be sensitive to those around you.
- Masks must continue to be worn.
- Communion distribution will continue to
take place after the Mass following the same procedure – single file beginning with the Blessed Mother side of the church, maintaining 6 feet distance. Those receiving Communion on the tongue are asked to wait until the end of the line.
- The Chapel will not be opened for Daily Mass, but will continue to be opened for Sunday Mass.
- While the Masses in Memorial Park will continue in good weather, in the event of rain they will be cancelled. You are welcome to come to the church for the Mass.
- Confessions will return to their usual time of 3:00 pm – 3:45 pm. Confessions will be heard in the Sacristy. You are asked to form the line in the hallway that leads to the sacristy.
Thank you for all your great cooperation and your continued generosity!
We have re-scheduled Confirmation to Columbus Day, Monday, October 12th. All three Confirmation ceremonies will be held on that day. If Bishop Andrzej is available he will preside, otherwise I will receive permission to perform the Confirmations.
Sister Ellen Anderson of the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary was scheduled to be with us on the weekend of July 25-26 as our annual Missionary speaker. However, due to concerns for her elderly Sisters, she will not be coming to OLV. However, you are still encouraged to make a donation to her Missionary Community—the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary.
This community was founded in Ireland in 1924 to work with the women of Nigeria, West Africa. The Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary are now an international community working in nine countries of Africa and in Brazil. They are a strictly missionary group with no institutions in the United States or Canada, so therefore they rely almost exclusively on funds provided through the Society for the Propagation of the Faith and the generosity of the people back home to support their Sisters on mission. They are deeply grateful for your contribution. If you would like to learn more about them, their website is: www.mshr.org.
Checks can be written out either to the Missionary Sisters of the Holy Rosary or to Our Lady of Victory with a notation “Missionary collection.” We will be sure to get the donations to the Sisters.
Flocknotes is a system of emails and texts that allows us to keep parishioners up- dated on parish news. If you would like to be included please go to:
olvfpny.flocknote.com or text “lepanto” to 84576.
I have found this to be a convenient and easy way to keep parishioners informed about OLV news.
Praised be the name of Jesus Christ now and forever!